This is a dedicated web page for the standard course on Project Management. The course is designed for BBA students with a focus on managerial models, implications and issues. A 3 credit hours course designed for 45 lectures in 15 weeks, it takes the audience through a systematic journey in the field of Project Management.
This unit aims to ensure that students acquire a managerial perspective on how to manage complex projects in the organizations. Students will develop the ability to integrate the use of project management into day-to-day operations and to participate in the creation of long-term business strategy. All managers require a working knowledge of projects to ensure that investments and business decisions are soundly based and of benefit to the organization. In addition, an understanding of the use of project management techniques can be a major factor in improving organizational and personal productivity. This course provides the participants with an understanding of Project Management concepts, frameworks, and models for defining business models, managing complex project based organization business processes, and describing technical and conceptual compositions of project management. Learning will be accomplished through lectures, case studies, group presentation, and research.
Upon completion of the course the students will be able to:
- Have a general understanding of the current state of Project Management
- Beware of the desired project and Business alignments
- Be familiar with the state of the art research in the field of project management
- Watch Project Management Basics – What is Project Management short videos on YouTube
- and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LSnINglkQA-
Visual History of PM
- Systematic progression through the concepts of Project Management
- Case study approach using scenarios and examples from top international firms
- Local case studies and examples to contextualize the themes based on local situations
- Practical assignments and activities to invoke learning
- In class and online discussions to bring on surface key issues, controversies and hot debates
Assignments & Projects
This section is dedicated to the major assignments and projects in this course. The assignments and projects build up the important percentage of the assessment as the students are required to translate the learning from the course contents to practical scenarios and develop understanding on the managerial implications.
Case Study Presentations
A Group task using the standard case study approach, students need to demonstrate understanding on the evolutionary developments in a selected organization
- Students need to develop a proper case study using the case study development guidelines
- Eventually will present their findings in the shape of a Presentation in front of the class or classes on Multimedia
- Students in groups of 2-3 will be assigned an organization (Preferably local organization)
- Case should be developed on one of the Projects Implemented in the Selected Organization
- Students need to submit both Hard (Printed) and Soft copies (Computer files) of the Case itself and that of the PowerPoint Presentation
- This is day 1 so you can start working now!
- I will myself present at least one Case Study well before the presentation schedule so that you people have an idea
Case Study Template & Sample Case Studies:
- Submission of proposals in the first week right after the Mid term exams
- Presentation will start in the 4th week after Mid term exams